Designer & Hybrid Dogs
As a compliment to last weeks article on small breed dogs, we did a search on “designer” or “hybrid” dogs. These dogs are a cross between two certain purebred dogs. We found a great site DogBreedInfo.com where there is an amazing list of mixed breed dogs.
They are listed from A-Z where you can start your search with your favorite breed. What’s great about this site is that it offers breeder information on all the “hybrids” listed.
You’ll want to review the personality traits and characteristics of each mixed breed just as you would for a pure bred dogs. It can also help you determine what you want in a dog.
Here are some fun mixes we had never heard of. They are fun just to say the name!
- Beabull - Beagle/Poodle
- Cavapoo – King Charles Cavalier/Poodle
- Cavachon – King Charles Cavalier/Bichon Frise
- Cairanian – Cairn Terrier/Pomeranian
- Dameranian – Dachshund/Pomeranian
- Dorkie – Dachshund/Yorkshire Terrier
- Hug – Huskie/Pug
- Jack-a-Bee – Jack Russell/Beagle
- Mauzer – Maltese/Minature Schnauzer
- Papijack – Papillion/Jack Russell Terrier
- Shorgi – Shih Tzu/Corgi